The role of the coach
At Resourceful Coaching Associates our role is to ensure that each coaching session focuses totally, and entirely, on your agenda. So that you can get the maximum benefits from the discoveries you make about yourself. In some ways coaches are like guides on a journey. You tell us where you want to go and then you tell us what sort of journey you want to make of it – and how you want us to be with you.
Guides on your journey
These are some of the ways we will work with you:
- Asking powerful open questions that encourage you to increase your perspective, learn more about your options and ‘move forward’
- Point out when we suspect you are straying off the path and checking whether you are still aiming for your original destination. Or whether your goals are changing as you travel
- Challenging you (with your permission) if we feel you are denying yourself opportunities, or overlooking your skills
- Using intense-listening skills we will probably notice things you haven’t seen for yourself (because you’re so busy looking at the next step in front of you) and offer these for your consideration. We may spot the bridge round the corner while you’re still wondering how to swim the river!
- Reflecting back to you and summarising the stages you have travelled through, so you can make the best use of your discoveries
- Being totally non-judgemental but committed to helping you achieve what is right and best for you
Of course it’s always your decision which path you chose and how you use your findings. After all, you are the only one who knows whether you’re better at swimming rivers, scaling mountains or following the footpath. We will never push you or lead you in any way. Although we will always encourage you to challenge limiting perceptions you may have about yourself.